The 1851 Census of Religious Worship - Shirley Methodist
- Name or Title of Place of worship: Primitive Methodist Chapel
- Where situate: Shirley, Bilper[sic], Derby
- Religious Denomination: Primitive Methdists[sic]
- When Erected: Erected out of dwelling house in 1841
- Whether a Separate and Entire Building: Separate
- Whether Used Exclusively as a Place of Worship: Yes
- Space available for Public Worship – Free Sittings: 38
Space available for Public Worship – Other Sittings: 12
Free space or standing room for: 10
- Estimated Number of Persons Attending Divine Service on Sunday 30 March 1851 – General Congregation:
Morning: X [N/A]
Average Number of Attendants during the [blank] months: 34
- REMARKS: superintendant Lee Belper
This Chapel is Ocupide[sic] by the Wesley Reformers every Sunday afternoon By the Primitives in the evening.
Signed by Joseph Goodall, steward.
Click on an item to view.