Hand-List Of The Crutchley Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library (Document)
By F. Taylor M.A. PhD.
KEEPER OF MANUSCRIPTS AND ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN IN THE JOHN RYLANDS LIBRARY
700. Mortgage in fee by the above Thomas Smith and trustee to Daniel Goodall of Shirley, co. Derby, yeoman, of the same. 6 April 1802.
704. Transfer by Sarah Steeple of Shirley, co. Derby, widow, and Mary Goodall of the same, spinster (sisters and coheirs of the late Daniel Goodall), by the direction of Robert Steeple, farmer (executor of the said Daniel), and Thomas Smith of Rodsley, yeoman, to John Copestake of Wyaston, co. Derby, farmer, of the above mortgage , 8 and 9 Oct. 1811.
705. Letter from Christopher and Elizabeth Wright to Thomas at Rodsley 13 Sept. 1813
715. Conveyance from Edward Blake of Shirley, John Blake and William Blake, farmers, and their trustee Thomas Strong, to John Wright of Long- ford, co. Derby, blacksmith, and his trustee Edmund Evans, of a close in Shirley called the Moor or Rough. 11 and 12 Jan. 1787.
719. Deed of gift by John Wright of Shirley, blacksmith, to his sor Samuel Thomas Wright of the same, farmer, of a messuage, with blacksmith's shop, etc., and land in Shirley. 5 and 6 April 1824.
722. Abstract of Samuel Thomas Wright's title to messuages, lands and premises at Shirley.1828
723. Conveyance from John Harrison of Snelston Hall, co. Derby, esq., and his wife Elizabeth, Samuel Thomas Wright of Shirley, farmer, and Thomas John Mountfort of Ashbome, co. Derby, grocer, to Thomas Maskery of Norbury, co. Derby, farmer, and John Goodwin Johnson of Fenny Bentley, co. Derby, gentleman, of a messuage with blacksmith's shop, etc., and land in Shirley. 2 and 3 April 1829.
724. Abstract of Thomas Maskery's title to messuages, lands and premises at Shirley. 1840